Abu Dhabi Federal Court of Appeal in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has convicted 6 Nigerians over alleged funding of Boko Haram in Borno State.
Court documents show that between 2015 & 2016, convicts were allegedly involved in cash transfers of $782,000 to insurgents.
Surajo Abubakar Muhammad and Saleh Yusuf Adamu were sentenced to life imprisonment for funding Boko Haram.
The rest, Ibrahim Ali Alhassan, AbdurRahman Ado Musa, Bashir Ali Yusuf and Muhammad Ibrahim Isa, got ten-year imprisonment each.
Court documents show that between 2015 and 2016, the convicts were allegedly involved in cash transfers totalling $782,000.00 to Boko Haram.
The act was contrary to Article 29, Clause 3 of UAE’s Federal Anti- Terrorism Law No 7 of 2017. National Security Bureau said investigation of the Nigerians “confirmed their involvement and membership of the Boko Haram”.
They were arrested between April 16 and 17, 2017, and their homes searched according to the search warrant issued by the National Security Prosecution office dated April 16, 2017. Abubakar and Adamu were charged for joining Boko Haram knowingly.
This negates Article 22/2 of UAE’s Federal Anti-Terrorism Law No 7 of 2017 punishable by death or life imprisonment.
Alhassan, Musa, Yusuf and Isa were charged with assisting the sect knowingly.
Check These Out:
- Just in: Yahoo Boy Ordered To Sweep Court Premises For 6 Months In Ibadan
- Heartbreaking As Nigerian Colonel Dies After Boko Haram Attack in Borno
- Two Boys Arrested for Allegedly Gang r*ping A 17-Year-old Girl In Jigawa
- Cyber Crime: Idowu Imole Has Been Sentence To Prison
- “Several credit card numbers extracted from Naira Marley’s iPhone” – EFCC
- Man sentenced to six months in prison for a $100 love scam in Kaduna
- Rudeboy Reacts As Federal Ministry Of Health Budgets 82 Billion Naira To Buy Mosquito Nets
- Photos – 19 Year Old Slay Queen Landed In Jail for sex Blackmailing
- “Igboho is on terrorism link but Sheik Gumi is not” – Eedris Abdulkareem laments
- Man Remanded For Calling Governor Ganduje And His Sons “Kano Thieves” On Facebook