The Lagos state police command has announced the arraignment of 34 hoodlums who were detained at the state’s EndSARS anniversary demonstration on Wednesday, October 20.
The scheduled demonstration in celebration of the one-year anniversary of ENDSARS was carried out by protestors who moved in a motorcade through the Lekki toll gate at around 8am, according to CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, spokesperson for the state police command. Around 10 a.m., the protest came to an end. “Hoodlums took advantage of the gridlock with criminal intent to start assaulting innocent law-abiding individuals,” he stated around 1130 a.m., after the legitimate protestors had departed quietly without conflict.
The hoodlums stabbed one Shina Edun’m’ of Man O’ War Nigeria attached to the Lekki Concession Company in the stomach, according to Ajisebutu. The victim was taken to the hospital right afterwards and is now getting medical treatment.
The statement read
Following the criminal act of the hoodlums, the police responded swiftly and dispersed them with minimum force. Consequently, thirty-four of the hoodlums were arrested. Two cutlasses , one hammer, a Jack knife and assorted criminal charms were recovered from them. The arrested suspects have been arraigned in magistrate court 5, Oshodi on the same day before Magistrate Israel Adelakun for the offence of conduct likely to cause breach of the peace.
At the end of their trial, two (2) of the accused persons pleaded guilty and were fined in the sum of N10, 000 each. Thirty (30) others pleaded not guilty and were granted bail with one surety and N20,000 in like sum. One (1) of them was discharged and acquitted, while one other named Chukwu Chika ‘m’ aged 24 years, who was arrested with a sharp cutlass and assorted charms confessed that he deliberately came to cause violence and mayhem. Subsequently, the court ordered the police to carry out thorough investigation on his case and charge him to court appropriately
Check These Out:
- Court admits man accused of calling Governor Ganduje and his sons “Kano thieves” to N500 bail
- Man Remanded For Calling Governor Ganduje And His Sons “Kano Thieves” On Facebook
- Cyber Crime: Idowu Imole Has Been Sentence To Prison
- Police Nabbed Two Robbers Specialize In Robbing And Harming Uber Drivers
- Endsars: Uber driver assaulted by LNSC and police officers demands N500 million compensation
- Man Dragged To Court For Addressing Married Woman As ‘Babe’ On Whatsapp
- Man Dumps Concubine’s Body Inside Bush, Claims She Died After Sex
- Man sentenced to six months in prison for a $100 love scam in Kaduna
- Not Funny As Touts Damage Broda Shaggi’s Car And Extort Him
- Super TV boss murder: Trial of Chidinma Ojuwku stalled as defense counsel cries foul over proof of evidence