No fewer than 30 persons have been reported dead in the Kogi fire disaster that resulted from the fuel tanker that lost control, rammed into vehicles and exploded around Felele area of Lokoja, Kogi State capital.
Though the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, put the casualties figure at 23, sources said it was more, if those who sustained injuries and later died in the hospital are counted.
Five students of Kogi State Polytechnic, three primary school children, their father and another woman with her two kids, have been confirmed to be among the casualties.
Also killed in the inferno was a businessman identified simply as Pastor Samson, his wife and three children, who until his death was a member of Baptist Church, Felele.
Mr. Samson, a dealer in sewing machines, was on his way to drop his children off at school, as he normally does, when the accident occurred.
The petrol-laden tanker, property of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, was said to have suffered brake failure around 8:30a.m. and rammed into five cars, two motorbikes and three tricycles, popularly known as Keke NAPEP, killing all occupants.
Below are images from the scene;
Check These Out:
- DOWNLOAD Chief Obi – School Drop Off
- Sad: Two students bearing same name and in same department die hours apart
- Lagos State Govt reacts to viral video of pupils singing the National Anthem in flooded school assembly ground
- COVID-19: Criminals are abusing face masks to disguise and rob people – Kogi state gov
- 16 Years Old Anambra Student Caught With A Gun In School
- Ondo State Government Makes Clarification On Resumption Of Schools
- DOWNLOAD Iya Mi – Latest Yoruba Movie 2022 Drama Baba Wande | Kareem Adepoju| Samson Eluwole | Akinola Akano
- UNICEF Reveals 57 percent Nigerian Children Don’t Have Birth Certificates
- DOWNLOAD Iya Mi Part 2 – Latest Yoruba Movie 2022 Drama Starring Baba Wande | Samson Eluwole | Akinola Akano
- Court admits man accused of calling Governor Ganduje and his sons “Kano thieves” to N500 bail