The Nigerian Senate has rejected a request by the Federal Ministry of Health to borrow $200 million (N82,070,388,916.76) under the malaria program in the 2022 budget to purchase mosquito nets.
Gershom Bassey, a member of the Senate Committee on Health, spoke out against the action by the Ministry at the Federal Ministry of Health’s 2022 budget defense on Tuesday, October 26.
Bassey told Mahmuda Mamman, the Permanent Secretary, that the idea to borrow $200 million (approximately N82 billion at the official exchange rate of N410 to a dollar) to purchase mosquito nets was outrageous given the amount involved.
The Committee’s condemnation was in response to the Permanent Secretary’s earlier submission of the intention to borrow the said amount for the purchase of mosquito nets.
Check These Out:
- Rudeboy Reacts As Federal Ministry Of Health Budgets 82 Billion Naira To Buy Mosquito Nets
- FG Budgets ₦1,000 Daily Feeding Allowance For Prisoners, Corpers Get ₦650
- DOWNLOAD ONE BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION
- Kizz (Kiss) Daniel Net Worth 2021 Forbes And Biography
- Shocking: CBN Spends N58.6 Billion To Print 2.5 Billion Pieces Of Naira Notes
- Phyno Net Worth 2021 Forbes, Age, Biography
- DOWNLOAD Taofeek – B.DOR feat. Low Budget Burna (Official Music Video)
- “I’m not for sale” – Lady slams cab driver who proposed to ‘buy her’
- Death toll rises to 21 as two more bodies are recovered from Ikoyi building collapse
- Mayorkun Net Worth 2021 Forbes, Biography, Cars, Age