The planned nationwide strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC ) and Trade Union Congress ( TUC ) might have hit the rock.
The Nation reports that the National Industrial Court on Thursday, September 24, granted an interim injunction restraining the NLC and TUC , their officers, affiliates and privies from embarking on any strike or stoppage of work from Monday, September 28.
It was gathered that Justice Ibrahim Galadima said the order was given pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.
The report also noted that the court granted an order of interim injunction restraining the unions, their officers, affiliates, privies from disrupting, restraining, picketing or preventing the workers or its affiliates or ordinary Nigerians from accessing their offices to carry out their legitimate duties on Monday, September 28 or any other date.
The Incorporated Trustees of Peace and Unity Ambassadors Association had filed an ex-parte application through their counsel, Sunusi Musa, to stop the proposed strike action.
The court also granted an order compelling the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and the director- general Department of State Services (DSS) to provide protection for workers engaged in their legitimate duties from any form of harassment, intimidation and bullying by the officers, agents or privies of the unions pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.
Check These Out:
- #Endsars: LNSC officers who assaulted Uber driver sanctioned (photos)
- NLC Reveals There’s No Going Back On Strike, Protest Against Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff
- Igboho Is A Businessman Not A Terrorist – Lawyer Tells FG
- Heartbreaking As Nigerian Colonel Dies After Boko Haram Attack in Borno
- Obi Cubana Finally Released After 3 Days In EFCC Net
- Court admits man accused of calling Governor Ganduje and his sons “Kano thieves” to N500 bail
- #Endsars: Nigerian Youths Finally Win, 5 Things You Know About the SARS Dissolution and Reform
- Woman Slumps While Protesting Against Her Sack by Cross River State Government
- Nnamdi Kanu shares a brief smile with his lawyer in court (video)
- Download Why Her? Season 1 Episode 15 (Korean Drama) | Mp4 Video