Two suspected members of a robbery gang that specialized in attacking Uber drivers and snatching their vehicles at gunpoint, have been arrested by policemen in Lagos State.
The suspects who posed as passengers, ordered for an Uber ride at about 11.30 pm, last Sunday. While the unsuspecting driver was conveying them to their destination in Ajah, the suspects attacked him with an axe. On reaching Abijo Government Reserved Area, Ibeju Lekki, he lost control of the steering.
Thereafter, they put him at the passenger’s corner and zoomed off. The police was alerted by motorists who witnessed the operation.
The stolen vehicle was later traced to Mayfair Garden, Ibeju Lekki, where the suspects were arrested and the abducted driver rescued.
An axe stained with blood and one knife were recovered from the suspects. The driver, who was seriously injured, is receiving treatment at a hospital within Lagos State.
Check These Out:
- Endsars: Uber driver assaulted by LNSC and police officers demands N500 million compensation
- Angry residents set car ablaze as driver crushes two to death, injures four others in Ondo
- #EndSARS protest: 34 suspects arrested and arraigned
- Two arrested for ‘pounding fufu and starting an eatery under a bridge’ in Ghana (video)
- OPC Reveals They’ve Arrested Terrorists, Kidnappers In Oyo Park
- “I’m not for sale” – Lady slams cab driver who proposed to ‘buy her’
- ”You have no right to ask me that question”- Policemen back down after human rights activist Harrison Gwamnishu reacts
- #Endsars: LNSC officers who assaulted Uber driver sanctioned (photos)
- Video: Angry mob beats two suspected kidnappers to stupor after victim raised alarm from car booth
- Mr Macaroni Reacts as Picture of Himself and 20 Year Old Allegedly Kills by Police Surfaced Online